“Each of our clients is a special and unique individual, so we’re always trying to discover the specific little things that will brighten their days or make their lives easier.”
When it becomes apparent that an individual is struggling to perform basic cooking and housekeeping and/or is in need of a caring and attentive companion, ElderOptions provides just the right level of assistance with our “homemaker companion” services.
Our homemaker companions are Virginia state-certified “Personal Care Aides” (PCA) who have completed training in the physical, social and emotional health of aging adults. They become trusted assistants and dear friends to their clients, and the “eyes-and-ears” for their families, reporting and assessing the well-being of their loved ones.
The following are some of the typical services the aides provide:
- Grocery Shopping
- Monitoring nutrition, hydration and special dietary requirements
- Cleaning dishes and cooking/eating areas
- Laundry & Ironing
- Changing bed linens
- Vacuuming & dusting
- Organizing & cleaning cabinets/closets
- Taking out garbage
- Plant care
Personal Assistant Services
- Medication reminders and reports on adherence/side effects
- Maintaining calendar and appointments
- Organizing, preparing and mailing bills
- Hair care
- Apparel selection
- Pet care
- Escorting to meals outside home, errands, appointments, entertainment functions (with the client’s or the caregiver’s car)
- Help planing craft projects
- Playing games (memory games, skills building/maintaining games and fun games)
- Help with reading and writing letters
- Renting and playing movies
- Planning visits with friends’ and neighbors’ homes
Homemaker companion services are available daily, weekly or however often is requested.
At ElderOptions Senior Care, we accept private payment, as well as Long Term Care Insurance (LTC). We communicate with and bill all LTC companies directly. If you have any questions about payment options, just call us at (703) 531-1411.